René Laflamme is one of the most sought-after sound engineers in the industry. In the world of high-end hi-fi, he has earned an excellent reputation for his infallible instinct with which he combines audio components for the best possible sound. Companies such as Nagra Audio and Kronos Audio hire him as a representative and get advice from him. Together with André Perry, founder of the famous “Le Studio” in Québec, he runs the label 2xHD and publishes audiophile remasters with the help of sophisticated technology.
For his sampler, Laflamme selected recordings that were made with a Nagra IV-S or NagraT.
1. Pink Panther – Jazz Ensemble (Henry Mancini)
2. The Story of Sonny Boy Williamson – Sonny Boy Williamson
3. Greek Tycoon Bouzouki Music – Improvisation
4. Leaving – Fred Alarie Trio (Ritchie Beirach)
5. Musicus Percussion Ensemble – Improvisation
6. Musicus Harp Solo – Improvisation
7. Route 66 – Doreen Smith
8. Katjar Percussion Ensemble – Improvisation
9. Musicus Percussion 2 – Improvisation
10. Espérance – Marie Saint Onge (Improvisation)
11. Pictures At An Exhibition – Excerpts
12. Toccata And Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565 – Raymond Daveluy (J.S. Bach)